ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Statement of Commitment
Lastman’s Bad Boy is committed to treating all people with dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity.
Lastman's Bad Boy is committed to supporting the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 ("AODA"). Lastman's Bad Boy will establish policies, practices and procedures which are consistent with the accessibility standards established under the AODA, to identify, remove and prevent barriers to people with disabilities.
Lastman's Bad Boy will ensure that both the regulations and principles of the AODA are adhered to for the following Standards
• Customer Service,
• Information and Communications,
• Built Environment
To facilitate this commitment, Lastman's Bad Boy will establish, implement, maintain and document a multi-year accessibility plan outlining its strategy to prevent and remove barriers and meet its requirements under the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Accessibility plans will be made available in an accessible format, upon request, and will be posted on our website.
Accessible Customer Service Policy
This policy is designed to meet the standards and act in accordance with Regulation 191/11, Integrated Accessibility Standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. These standards were developed to identify, remove and prevent barriers and increase accessibility for persons with disabilities in the areas of information and communications and employment. The Customer Service Standard is the first of the Standards under the AODA. The mandate of the Standard is that all obligated organizations must take measures to provide accessible service to all customers, including customers with all types of disabilities.
Lastman’s Bad Boy is committed to provide goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Lastman’s Bad Boy is also committed to ensuring our employees are educated and adhere to this policy. Lastman’s Bad Boy will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all people are treated and provided customer service in a manner that is consistent with the principles of the AODA: Dignity, Independence, Equal opportunity and Integration.
Customer Service and Communication
Lastman’s Bad Boy will ensure that positive customer service and communication is provided to all persons with a disability by adhering to the following:
• Make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities will be integrated into regular practice.
• Offer and provide alternative measures and/or formats if necessary when requested by an individual with a disability.
• Ensure that, to the extent possible, accessible goods and services are delivered in a timely manner.
• All communication shall be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
Persons with disabilities may require the use of their own assistive devices to access services or goods. An assistive device is any device that is used, designed, made or adapted to assist people in performing a particular task. Lastman’s Bad Boy will take all reasonable measures to ensure goods and services are accessible to persons using assistive devices, including training employees in how best to assist a customer using an assistive device.
In the case the use of an assistive device poses a further challenge to the accessibility of goods and services or raises a potential safety concern, all reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate the individual, which may include using an alternative assistive device or providing the same service in a different manner.
Lastman's Bad Boy is committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal. We will ensure that all staff who deal with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
The following terms apply to a person with a disability who is accompanied by a service animal:
• In the event a particular service animal is not allowed by law on or in a particular area of the premises, all reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate the individual, which may include an alternative form of assistance or providing the same service in a different manner.
• In the event of a valid health & safety issue, all reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate
the individual, which may include an alternative form of assistance or providing the same service in a different manner.
• In the case of service dogs, the law allows them to accompany their owner to go where food is served, sold or offered for sale. The law also states service dogs are not allowed in places where food is manufactured, prepared, processed or handled.
• The owner is responsible for maintaining control of the animal at all times.
Lastman's Bad Boy is committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person.
The following terms apply to a person with a disability who is accompanied by support person:
• Lastman’s Bad Boy may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person while on the premises in situations where it is necessary due to health and safety concerns.
• Consent from the person with a disability is required when communicating confidential issues related to the person with a disability, in the presence of a support person.
• If a fee is charged for the admission of a support person, the fee will be communicated and posted.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
Lastman’s Bad Boy will publicly notify customers of temporary disruptions of services or facilities. If the disruption is planned the organization will publicly notify customers of the upcoming service disruption in advance of the start of the service disruption.
A notice of temporary disruption will include:
• When the disruption will happen if it is a case where it is planned;
• Steps to take to access alternative methods;
• A description of alternative facilities or services if they are available;
• The reason for the disruption; and
• How long the disruption will last.
The notice may be delivered to the public by the following methods:
• Posting at the main entrances and the source of the disruption;
• Via phone and email notification to regular customers or customers with scheduled appointments;
• The company’s website.
A feedback process regarding the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities has been established. The manner in which feedback may be provided will be in such a way that best suites the person with a disability.
Lastman's Bad Boy will review all feedback received and respond in a timely manner. If the feedback is of a serious concern a response to the person submitting the complaint will be issued as soon as reasonably possible.
Lastman’s Bad Boy will ensure that all employees and applicable third parties who interact with customers are provided with AODA Customer Service Standard Training. Training will also be required for those individuals who are involved in the development or implementation of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
The trained will address:
• The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
• The requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service;
• Information about Company policies and procedures (including this policy);
• Best practice how to communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
• Best practice how to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices, require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
Lastman’s Bad Boy will retain a record of all individuals who have completed the required training.
Notice of Availability of Documents and Alternative Formats
Lastman's Bad Boy will post notice of the availability of this policy, other documents prescribed by the Standard and the availability of alternative formats upon request. This information will be provided in our Statement of Commitment which is posted at a conspicuous location for customers, as well on the company's website.
Click here for our latest company updates regarding Covid-19 and our safety measures to protect all customers and employees.
Should you require an alternative format of this or another document, a copy of AODA documentation, more information or you wish to provide feedback, please contact:
Lastman's Bad Boy Human Resources Stephanie Power
This document is available in alternate format upon request.